Along with a range of services, HV Solutions offers maintenance on your own high voltage network. Maintenance is a legal requirement laid out in the Electricity at Work Act 1989, so not only is it good practice to have an annual inspection, it is required by law.
Our engineers carry out maintenance to meet BS 6626: 1010, Maintenance of Electrical Switchgear and Control Gear for any voltages that are above 1kV and up to 132 kV.
To achieve this, an authorised person will attend your facility and undertake the required operational checks to ensure that all electrical equipment is in a safe condition.
Our senior authorised person will carry out inspections and testing of substations along with maintaining SF6 switchgear and CE2 Switchgear and transformers.
Following maintenance inspection and testing our engineers supply the results and reports for HSE.
HV Solutions offer rolling contracts for 1 and 4 years. We provide services and ongoing support 24/7/365.
As part of our maintenance services, we offer the following:
- Conduct a survey for a report;
- Change oil and filtration;
- Check for any corrosion to transformers and repair and paint where needed;
- Check problems with cables and glands;
- Check oil circuit breakers;
- Check and install batteries (per set);
- Check vac circuit breakers;
- Checking of bus coupling systems;
- Checking partial discharge and pressure;
- Ensure air transformers are clean and tight;
- Fit new gages and taps where required;
- Provide maintenance of substation services;
- Provide reports;
- Replacement of silica gel oil;
- Sampling of oil;
- Service ring main units (oil);
- Servicing of ring main unit (SF6) gas check;
- We check DNO isolation.
Low voltage equipment
In regards to low voltage equipment, we undertake maintenance on the following:
- LV acb’s;
- LV main switches;
- LV panels.